Mr. B.L Sharma
(I.A.S, Retd. 1966 Batch) – Jaipur
An IAS Officer of 47 years, with experience in the Army, State, Govt. of India, Public Sector and other Institutions, he served The Indian Army for 7 years and fought the ’65 war. Has worked at Secretary level in Center and State, involved in policy formulation, monitoring and execution up to grassroots level. Mr Sharma has International exposure with UNICEF, UNDP, ESCAP, UN HQ & EEC. Has handled 3 Technology Missions of GOI in the 80s and has a vast experience of Textiles, Handlooms, Handicrafts, Exports, Commerce, Energy, Drinking Water, Education, Cooperatives and Urban Development along with knowledge of Human Rights, Social & Disabilities Sectors.
Having served as Collector of 4 districts & head of a few departments -D.G. AEPC, G.M. ITPO, Chief Commissioner Disabilities GOI-, he has also been associated with NGOs & Rotary Social Service. Recipient of a few Awards, Certificates of Merit, Medals and Honours, he is also a sports lover, keen Golfer & traveler. He functioned as Vice Chancellor of Jodhpur University in the year 90-91. He was Chairman of Lok Jumbish Parishad (2001-2004) Govt. of Rajasthan and worked for universalisation of elementary education in Rajasthan. Post Retirement, from Sept. 2001, he worked as Chairman, Lok Jumbish, Govt. of Rajasthan, for 3 years. He is now engaged as Senior Advisor with a few National level Educational Institutions to establish Private Universities, Professional Colleges of Management, Fashion etc.
His distinctions achieved include:
1. Invited as an Expert in Expert Group Meeting on Disability by UN at New York December 2001
2. Conferred ‘National Unity Award, 1993’ by the All India National Unity Conference, New Delhi, for outstanding contribution to the cause of National Unity, Integration and Brotherhood.
3. ‘Certificate of Recognition’ by The Election Commission of India for outstanding work done as Observer in Parliamentary Elections, 1992.
4. Awarded a ‘Silver Medal’ and ‘Certificate of Honor’ by the President of India for work in Census Operations, 1991 as Divisional Commissioner, Jodhpur.
5. ‘Certificate of Merit’ awarded by The President of India to AEPC, New Delhi, for exemplary export performance during 1984-85 when he was DG of the Council.
6. ‘Certificate of Honour’ and Silver Medal awarded by The President of India for Census work in 1981 to him as Collector, Ajmer.
7. ‘Certificate of Merit’ for exemplary work as Collector, Pali in 1975-76 by Govt. of Rajasthan.
8. As an Army Officer he was awarded ‘Samar Seva Star 1965’, ‘Raksha Medal, 1965’, ‘Senya Seva Medal’, and ‘Himalaya and Jammu & Kashmir’ for dedicated services in the Army.